and also vacation days during Spring, Summer, Thanksgiving and Winter breaks.
Driver's Education will include instruction in the following areas:
- Driving is your responsibility
- Major causes of accidents
- The driver
- Natural forces affecting driving
- Signs, signals, highway markings; highway design features which require understanding for safe operation of motor vehicles
- California Vehicle Code, rules of the road, and other state laws and local motor vehicle laws and ordinances
- Differences in characteristics of urban and rural driving, including safe use of modern expressways
- Critical vehicle systems and subsystems requiring preventative maintenance
- Pedestrian safety
- Effects of alcohol and drugs
- Motorcycle safety
- Traffic safety videos
Traffic Violator School:
This is offered every other Saturday each month at 9:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
- - The teacher(s) is knowledgeable in traffic safety with a law enforcement background. Some of the subjects discussed will be road rage and aggressive driving.
- - Voluntary attendance to Universal Traffic School offers a special traffic education safety class to improve your driving skills through this traffic program. You may attend whether or not students are traffic violators. (sections 11200 and 11208 (CVC))
Behind the wheel training:
Monday through Thursday at 9:30am, 11:30am or 12:30pm, 2:30pm or 4:30pm
Saturdays 9:30am, 11:30am, or 2:30pm
This class is offered for teens, adults, seniors, and special needs.
*Behind the wheel training is also offered in Spanish.
*Special teen discounts apply when student signs up for driver education in classroom and behind the wheel! $50.00 off.
*Additional discounts of $20.00 may apply when family or friend discounts are prearranged before class starts. Teen, family and friends must start the same session for discounts.
This course is also conveniently